How to use Ferrotec web-site:
1) Enter Ferrotec web-site and click on products at the top of the page
2) In products click on - Thermal solutions
3) Click on Thermoelectric Modules
4) click on the desired module
5) click on the desired PN in the table to get the performance curves – (It is possible to sort the table in accordance with each of the parameters by clicking on the desired parameter's symbol at the top of the table )
6) The parameters which should be defined to enable to select the TEM aided by the operating curves: Qc = the heat to be pumped at the cold side, Tc = the desired temperature at the cold side; Th= the temperature of the hot side which should be high enough to enable to dissipate the heat via the heat sink attached to the hot side, to the ambient and V= available operating voltage from the power supply.
7) Select the highest COP possible to reduce the power consumption from the power supply which will enable to use a heat sink with higher thermal resistance (smaller heat sink and/or lower air velocity)
8) Note- the operating curves are calculated for Th=50 c. It is possible to change the performance curve to different Th by entering the new temperature at the bottom of the curves page.